A portriat with Grace

Olajumoke Orisaguna: A Portrait
With Grace- Ty Bello
Jumoke's story can only be described as a case of
when hardwork, opportunity meets with grace,
anything can happen. Bellow is what Ty Bello has
to say about our favourite breadseller turned model
"Aso kan na ni mo wo kiri Lana '.. Jumoke
the 'model' the Internet had been searching
for speaks almost no English. She explained
how she had worn the exact outfit in our
photograph the day before and someone
showed her her own photograph on his
phone from face book. A mallam led her to
my studio that morning . She narrated her
journey to Lagos ...A hair stylist from Ire in
Osun state but not making enough profit
between she and her husband , a sliding
door installer in from same village ,to care
for their two young children .At the invitation
of a distant relative who knew someone
operating a bakery , she relocated lagos with
her 14 month old daughter to give bread
hawking a try , leaving her husband and
older 5 year old behind .As I listened to her
I wandered if the beauty I had seen on my
screen as I edited my image was a fluke
..well until she smiled ., I realized that I was
wrong ., I had in fact ,underestimated the
beauty of this 27 year old woman. As always
., it was her eyes and of course her perfectly
chiseled features that jumped out at you
when she chuckled .This lady belonged in
front of my camera .After a conversation with
her husband telling him the story of our
meeting I decided I was going to photograph
her that very afternoon..Within an hour
..Bimpe Onakoya , one of Nigeria's leading
makeup artist and Zubby one of my favourite
hairstylist were at my studio to work magic.
They had both followed the story online and
were more than happy to put in their very
best for her.Olajumoke .., with curly
extensions out ,revealed a short natural Afro
that beautifully hugged her
face. @Bimpeonakoya also had decided to
keep the make up minimal... She stepped in
front of my camera and I almost couldn't
recognize her . She moved different
too.Jumoke looked straight into my lens
emoting like she had done this all her life ....
I knew we had found a star"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

President Buhari reassures Nigerians that there is no cause for worry about his health

#BbNaija: Week 5 nominations nullifies By Biggie Because Of Kemen And Marvis