Prince Odi Okojie anwers for political ambition

Prince Odi Okojie answers
questions on his political ambition
Mercy Johnson's husband speaks on his political
ambition. Read below...
Since the news hit the media that Edo State
youth have resolved to have one of their
own to represent them in the upcoming
governorship election in Edo State and have
called on me to come and represent them, I
have been inundated by calls, messages,
volunteers making themselves freely
available, and independently sponsored
publicity all encouraging me to come out
(since my party in their wisdom, have zoned
the deputy governorship ticket to my
senatorial district- Edo central) and answer
this call to serve my land and my people.
However, in the midst of this gazillion support and
encouragement, a few persons mostly out of
concern have wondered audibly “why would a
vibrant and young man border to waste his time
and money in politics?”
In response to this and many other questions –
some I have privately answer- and because of
those who don’t have the privilege of access to
me, I have decided to provide these public
answers:
“Why waste time and resources in politics?”
The vastness of the REAL CHANGE that is needed
in my State and the energy it requires is too huge
for the shoulders of old men alone. Most civilized
nations know this and it is reflected in the ageof
those who now lead them. If the youth does not
have the audacity to step up and take their own
responsibility, we will still be a third world 100
years from now. Our problem as a nation is that
we have been led by the DREAM of the old
generation whereas the VISION of the young has
been missing. The VISION of how a state or a
nation should be, lies with the youth and even the
Bible clearly stated this - old men dream dreams,
young me see vision. I am persuaded that my time
and in fact my life would have been well spent if I
succeed in channeling a new VISION for my
beloved state and that is why I term it the audacity
of hope.
“Why will a husband of a beautiful and successful
actress want to contest?”
(Laughed) I am grateful for the life and family God
has given me. Grateful for who my wife is and
grateful to God that we are going to have many
beautiful years ahead together. However, there are
thousands of families out there where one square
meal a day is a miracle. I have found out that no
matter how much I and my wife give out, it is
never just enough to cover everyone we would
have loved to help. This is one of the reasons I
accepted the call to serve because I believed there
must be a better way to reach everybody and help
them to help themselves.
“A concerned family member is worried for my
safety?”
Even outside of politics, life is a risk. Even in the
United States you see how people die now and
then from gun shots. We cannot afford to continue
living in fear and limit ourselves because of fear for
our lives. Every time we step out of our homes, we
take risk, politics is one of those risks as well.
“Another family friend is worried about the ‘insult’ I
will get online and many are genuinely worried
about what will happen if I don’t get my party’s
nomination. And few of my wife’s online followers
are concerned she might also be insulted or
embarrassed?”
Greatness does not come without its own
challenges. A child that is afraid to fall will never
walk. Even my wife records the number of time she
failed before the humble success she has now.
Those who care enough about pursuing their
vision have no time to consider ‘insult’ from the
many ‘anonymous’ who hide behind phone or
computer screen. My only question was whether it
was a noble cause. And after consulting with wife
(because she will be affected by my decision) and
relevant stake holders, I decided to answer the
call. Mind you, my personal resources are like a
drop in the ocean in attempt to set off some youth
to stand on their own. We must now use our
common wealth for our common good.
ON THE YOUTHS OF EDO STATE
The youth constitute about 70% of the population
of my State. We cannot continue to disenfranchise
such huge mass in the administration of our state.
The state belongs to them, virtually every political
promise is made to the youth – jobs, economy
revamp, education, etc., it is only logical to let
them be a part of the class that will provide their
own solution. You can’t claim to know how a shoe
pitches when you are not in the shoe. I clearly
identify with the call of the youth to have one of
their own to represent them. And I will be ceasing
the initiative.
We have to put energy and life back to our party
and tell the teaming youth of the state why they
should follow us again. And let them know that in
us they will have access to their leaders because
one of them is there. And these and many more
reasons are the substratum on which my ‘Audacity
of Hope’ is founded.
REACHING ME
In a matter of days, we shall open up channels to
reach me online, but for now I can be reached via
my Facebook Page.
Other channels shall be announced next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

President Buhari reassures Nigerians that there is no cause for worry about his health

#BbNaija: Week 5 nominations nullifies By Biggie Because Of Kemen And Marvis

Actor Odunlade Adekola Drunk On Fame And Losing His Credibility?