Olu Falae Accused of Receiving N100m

Former presidential candidate of the defunct All
Peoples Party (APP) Chief Olu Falae, who was
allegedly accused of receiving N100m from the $
2.1 billion arms money from the former National
Security Adviser (NSA), Colonel Sambo Dasuki, in
an interview said:
“I want to say with all emphasis that I never took
even one naira from Dasuki. Beyond that, I want to
assert that I never had any relationship with
Dasuki. I knew Dasuki way back in 1986-87,when
he was ADC to General Babagida and I was
Secretary to the Federal Government. Since he left
that government around 1987, I had no contact or
dealing with him; absolutely none”.
“The N100 million they are bandying about in the
media, the one that I know about, it happened as
follows: Chief Tony Anenih, a former Chairman of
the Board of Trustees of the PDP, phoned me late
January last year and said he would like to see
me; he would like to come from Abuja to see me in
Akure. And he came.
He came with someone, and I, too, invited
somebody to be with me. The four of us were
together in the meeting; and Chief Anenih said they
were observing that my party, SDP, had no
presidential candidate and, therefore, they would
want us to ask our supporters to vote for his own
party’s candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan”.
“I told him that, in principle, there was nothing
wrong with the two parties collaborating, but that
the collaboration must be a principled
collaboration: it must be based on principles. I
told him that there were certain things we desired
the government to do but they had not done for
the people, and that if we were going to support
their candidate, they must commit themselves to
make changes in those areas. He asked for the
areas? I said number one, their party must be
prepared to restructure Nigeria from the colossal
unity system, and the best way of doing that was
to fully implement the report of the National
Conference 2014”.
“Number two, that the party must commit itself to
a policy of zero tolerance for corruption because I
saw that corruption was monumental in what they
were doing. Number three, I said the party in
government must destroy Boko Haram and give
stability to Nigeria. Number four, there was mass
unemployment and youths were getting frustrated,
that they must articulate programmes to create
jobs for the unemployed. Number five, that I
observed that the party in government was
spending virtually our entire revenue on recurrent
expenditure, that they must reduce recurrent
expenditure so as to generate surpluses to finance
capital development like roads, schools, hospitals,
etc”.
“Item number six, that if we accepted this tide and
accepted them, then if the party won the election,
we will expect reasonable participation in that
government. And he said they were totally happy
with all these strict conditions, that the conditions
were acceptable to them; in fact, he said they were
already implementing some of them. So, on that
note, he returned to Abuja. But after he left, I
decided to write to him in order to document this
relationship.
The letter I wrote to him, again I listed the six
conditions which I had mentioned in our oral
discussion. And three days later, he wrote back to
me saying that he had consulted all the
stakeholders of his party including the President
and they were all happy to accept those conditions
to work with the SDP in the election’s that were
forthcoming”.
“So, having accepted our conditions, I proceeded
to Abuja to summon the meeting of my party
executive and decision making organs and made
the presentation to them. There was a very robust
debate and, at the end of the debate, the executive
committee of my party endorsed their request that
we should work with Jonathan in the elections”.
Source: Vanguard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

President Buhari reassures Nigerians that there is no cause for worry about his health

#BbNaija: Week 5 nominations nullifies By Biggie Because Of Kemen And Marvis